How to create a Mother's Day Vision Board: Special hints for Nursing Homes or Assisted Living from Joyce Schwarz, author THE VISION BOARD BOOK
Mother's Day: How to create a Mother's Day Vision Board!
by Joyce Schwarz at 2:04 PM PDT, May 10, 2009
Would you like to honor your mom or grandma or even your greatgrandmother today or this week or anytime of the year!
Then follow these 5 steps from best-selling author Joyce Schwarz, The Vision Board: The Secret to an Extraordinary Life from Harper Collins Publishing, Collins Design.
FIVE STEPS TO CREATING A MOTHER'S DAY VISION BOARD!
1) Gather together some pictures of you and your mom together throughout the years either real photographs from old albums that are falling apart or scan some photos that you may have framed already.
You can use the inside top lid of a gift box as a 'shadow box' to make your Mother's Day Vision Board says Joyce Schwarz, author THE VISION BOARD the secret to an extraordinary life, www.visionboard.info for free newsletter.
2) Make sure you have the following on hand -- a) a posterboard -- if you don't have one you can use a bulletin board or a corkboard or the inside lid of a box that may have held the robe you game mom for Mother's day! The inside lid of a nice box -- becomes almost like a Shadow Box for the Vision Board creation. You can also use an old shadow box you may have on hand.
3) You can do this with mom or grandma and your kids too. Sit down with some colored markers or crayons and do it together. Brainstorm some of the fun times you've had together with mom --here are some ideas a) going out to dinner on mother's day -- if you're going out today be sure to take a picture of mom with your family or you! Mom out gardening, mom doing some of her favorite things -- playng the piano, holding you as a baby or even finishing running her first marathon.
4) Paste the pictures on some colorful paper you line the inside of the box with -- maybe the colored tissue paper (pink or green or yellow that you wrapped that robe with. You can use tape or glue to hold the paper in place. If you want double up the adhesive tape so that it sticks without seeing the bits of tape. OR if you don't have tape make some glue. OR if you don't have either mix a tiny bit of flour and water together and it will form some glue for you just be careful to use just a dot of it so that it doesn't show through. BUT If it does -- don't worry you can cover that with a sticker or a little design from your kids or you. Or another picture.
You can use any box -- see the wine box at the left it would make a nice Mother's Day Shadow box once the wine is consumed at dinner or put on a shelf or wine cellar. See the HGTV box -- that is symbolic -- you can cut out pictures and put in flowers from the day or ribbons or whatever. And whatif you don't have any pix of mom -- well, consider doing a real nature-themed Mother's Day Vision Board with pictures of wild animals and their children like these Polar Bears and elephants. So much fun!
5) Pick a theme for your Mother's Day Vision Board: here are some possibilities: a) gratitude-- what are you thanking your mom for a) her guidance b) her support c) her understanding or d) just being there when no one else was.
a) But what if you and your mom don't get along perfectly -- don't worry most moms and daughters or sons aren't like the LEAVE IT TO BEAVER TV families of the 20th century.
b) If you feel more comfortable just honor your mom's heritage and her life -- include pictures of her mother and grandmother. a copy of a map of the country where her family is from such as Mexico or France or Hungary. And include pictures of your mom throughout the years -- a picture (or copy of one when she was a kid) or a copy of a wedding picutre or a copy of a picture of her holding her first grandchild etc.
PERFECT FOR NURSING HOME OR ASSISTED LIVING:
This kind of remembrance Vision Board is ideal for moms who are in the hospital or a rest home or in assisted living where her roommates and visitors and nurses and attendants can see mom in her prime.
20 PAGES FROM THE VISION BOARD BOOK -- free Mother's Day Gift:
To see 20 pages free from the book The Vision Board: The Secret to an Extraordinary Life go to http://tinyurl.com/seeinsidebook
or see an additional free chapter at http://tinyurl.com/visionboardamazon
For questions or comments about creating vision boards for special occasions like Mother's Day please contact author Joyce Schwarz directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or joyceschwarz(at)gmail.com
For more free instructions and sample vision boards sign up for the free newsletter at www.visionboard.info.
To see the official website for THE VISION BOARD by Joyce Schwarz go to http://www.ihaveavision.org