Easter for many people around the world represents a time of renewal and even rebirth.It's a time to celebrate a new season in our life - a new Spring and time to leap forward to the future of our lives!
Easter is more than bunnies and eggs and PEEPS -- it's a time for renewal so why not create an Easter Vision Board see www.visionboard.info for details.
Recently I saw a quote that was quite thought-provoking and I wanted to share it with you hear. It seems to apply no matter what your religious background or spiritual leanings are: Reveerend James Forbes, senior minister emeritus of the Riverside Church, believes that: "Easter is about the triumph of life. Out of struggle, conflict and even moments of destruction, life emerges. "
WHAT GIVES US HOPE?
Perhaps it's valuable to listen to Rev Forbes since he also is the co-chair of Partnership of Faith, an interfaith group of Protestant, Catholic, Jewish and Muslim clergy. On a more serious note in a recent article on NBC.com Rev Forbes explained that Easter, "is a time when all of us look to our traditions --how do we bring spiritual values to our lives. Amidst terror, tyranny and fear, what gives us hope. All of this is about Easter. It makes us us want to keep pressing on."
is about Easter. It makes us us want to keep pressing on."
The air is fragrant with Joy:
We just have to look at the flowers in the parks or even at the local supermarket garden centers and we see that as one of our greatest poets said "Henry Wadsworth Longfellow "the full-blossomed trees fill all the air with fragrance and with joy."
CREATING AN EASTER VISION BOARD:
Using the keywords from the notes above I've selected the following as power words or key words to use to guide us in creating an Easter Vision Board. If the word Easter does not fit with your beliefs you can call it a Spring Vision Board or a Renewal Board.
KEYWORDS FOR THE VISION BOARD:
The keywords I've selected are: RENEWAL, HOPE, JOY, REBIRTH, TRIUMPH & of course GRATITUDE since we know that all of life springs forward from being grateful for what we have and who we are today before we can move forward to create even more good in our lives.
MATERIALS YOU'll NEED FOR THE VISION BOARD:
1) Get some kind of a flat surface to lay the materials on -- such as a poster board (maybe choose a colored one -- yellow or green to truly express hope to all of us. A 14 x 22 size is good and will give the entire family space to contribute to the design.
2) Gather together some marker, crayons or colored pens.
3) Stickers -- are often included with egg coloring kits or may be added into Easter Baskets so gather up some colorful stickers if you ahve some. IF not see if you have any colored gold stars adhesive kind or other decorations like glitter etc. You could use decorations for cookies too ie colored sugar etc just make sure to cover your final vision board carefully with plastic wrap or frame it so little critters don't go tasting your board in the future.
4) Start in the center -- take a picture of the family or pull one from the family album that shows them all dressed up for Easter or another spring event. Or pick one showing the group on a family hike or in a garden. Place the family picture in the center to tribute what you know is most important -- family and friends -- people over stuff!
5) Add the power words -- by eaither writing them large in colors or by making headlines on your computer and pringing them out or look at the Sunday newspaper you may easily find headlines or adds that include he words HOPE, Renewal, Joy etc.
6) Handprints -- a fun way to make a gorgeous design that will be treasured forever is to have the youngest family members use fingerpaints to print their hand prints on the board and 'sign' their names if they can or with some assist from older family members.
7) Can't bear to eat the chocolate bunny -- take a picture of him and add him to the JOY section then you'll remember him/her forever. Use the silvery or colorful paper the bunnies and chicks are wrapped in to embellish your board -- you can cut them into star or flower shapes if you wish.
8) Dried flowers -- do you have big cetnerpiece set for the holidays-- then make sure to dry some of the flowers and add them later in the week. Remember your vision board is a work in progreess.
9) Plan for the future -- how can your family give back. Do you donate an hour or so at a soup kitchen each month. Do you help with boy scouts or girl scouts or at your local church -- then add pix of those experience too
10) Music score -- do you have a favorite song or a poem that inspires all of you -- then add it to the board too. One of ou may want to calligraphy some of the opening words to make it stand out better.
11) Cut out flowers from a magazine and add a great bouquet of flowers to the board or turn it into a virtual garden of delight.
12) Gratitude circle ask everyone to tell what they are grateful for such as being a family, surviving a bad flu this year or for our troops or family members or friends serving their country overseas or in-states this season.
You can add any or all of these with using a glue stick or white glue to your board: *colored grass *ribbons *designs made with a favorite nail polish, thumb prints in a circle of life, favorite quotes, inspirational sayings, or copy a bible verse or a verse from your own psalm book or from the Koran or whatever religious book you cherish and add it to your board.
Be sure to sign your board on the back and to date it. Then take a digital picture of it and share it with your family around the world and give each member of the family or friends that help create the board a small copy of that picture to put on a keychain or to add to their desk in a small frame.
May your weekend be filled with hope and joy and a sense of renewal this springtime.
To see more instructions on how to create vision boards for every season, sign up for THE VISION BOAD quarterly newsletter at www.visionboard.info
SEE A FREE CHAPTER FROM THE VISION BOARD BOOK AT:
For more information about creating a vision board see:http://tinyurl.com/ordervisionbook and click on browse inside.