WHY VISIONING & VISION BOARDS are better than New Years Resolutions by Joyce Schwarz, author THE VISION BOARD
of the world's bestselling book on life visioning and vision board creation --
Yes, today's the day for #Love, I speak this morning so you still have time to sign up for my free #webinar on how to use a #visionboard to find #love and improve all your #relationships
The Vision Board Institute is Named "Best Career Education School"
The Vision Board Institute, headquartered in Marina Del Rey, Califoria was recently awarded the 2018 Best Adult Education School in the annual Marina Del Rey Awards program competition. Founder Joyce A. Schwarz announced the achievement by saying that " We are grtateful for the recognition for our exceptional marketing and service to locally and around the globe."
COACHES AROUND THE WORLD
Joyce Schwarz, bestselling author of The Vision Board: secret to an Extraordinary Life published by Harper Collins Publishing, Collins Design is proud to announce that there are now more than 375 Certified Vision board Coaches around the globe. The Vision Board Institute, Schwarz explais, is the only orgaization authorized to offer the Certified Vision Board Coach, CVBC designation.
Schwarz encourages you and organiztion to look for the distinctive CVBC logo to be assured that your coach, consultant, speaker or workshop developer has attained the highest standards in the areas of: ***Life visioning and life planning, ***Study on the princples of the Ancient art and science of visioning ***Color Psychology and the Feng Shui of Color ***Image elicitatio and *** Vision and Mission statement creation.
OTHER CERTIFICATIONS AND ACCREDITATION PROGRAMS OFFERED BY the Vision Board Institute include:
****Master Vision Board Coach (must complete CVBC course first.*****Certified Recareering Coach (CRC)
**** Accredited Vision Card Reader**** Accredited Recareering Coach
**** Certified Teen Coach
For more about The Vision Board Institute
or to book Vision Board Talks, Keynotes on Life & Strategic Workplace Visioning and seminars and workshops or private coaching on life visioning and vision board creation please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Joyce Schwarz directly at 310-822-3119.
MORE ABOUT THE AWARD: Each year, the awards committee selects companies that we believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category. These are local companies that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and our community. These exceptional companies help make the Marina Del Rey area a great place to live, work and play. Various sources of information were gathered and analyzed to choose the winners in each category. The 2018 Marina Del Rey Award Program focuses on quality, not quantity. Winners are determined based on the information gathered both internally by the Marina Del Rey Award Program and data provided by third parties.
For more information: 310-822-3119
Are you having trouble keeping your 2019 New Year's Resolutions --to go to the gym, lose five pounds or meditate daily? You are not alone. US News & World Report says that by the second week in February most people have broken or not kept their resolutions.
This Meme with Actor Leo DeCaprio even celebrates breaking your New Year's Resolution...but don't be depressed, you can get a "DO-OVER" by creating a Vision Board and living that vision says noted Career Consultant and bestselling author Joyce Schwarz, "The Vision Board: Secret to An Extraordinary Life" ..Schwarz reviewed her streamlined method for making your board and more importantly using it as your GPS to live your vision in 2019 and beyond on WHCR Radio in an interview with host Rick Young.
Bestselling author Joyce Schwarz and her Vision Board Institute feature more than 375 Certified Vision Board Coaches around the globe so she knows you can use a visionboard as your GPS to your future.
"Actually since the Lunar New Year --also called the Chinese New Year-- started this week you can use that as impetus for a "do-over" explains Schwarz
Don't give up, you can still use implement her three step VIP method for making a Vision Board for your resolution to back them up an re-start better than ever before --or jumpstart a new vision if you wish.
VIP METHOD FOR MAKING A VISION BOARD
Oprah helped to popularize the value of having a visionboard but bestselling author and founder of THE VISION BOARD INSTITUTE Joyce Schwarz, a popular keynote speaker and Career Coach says you need a method to make your board...otherwise you will be overwhelmed by the madness of the many images.
Most readers know by know that a vision board is a visual map to your best possible future -- you've seen celebrities and athletes featured using and making a vision board including Oprah, 50Cents and Olympians and NFL players.
#1 VISION BOARD MISTAKE-- putting too many pictures on your board -- or even worse...making a vision board "in your head" versus in real life.
"The biggest mistake most people make is to just cut out pictures from magazines and glue them on a posterboard randomly so it looks almost like a ransom note or a kindergarden play project," says Schwarz.
Joyce has seen many vision boards that feature as many as 50 photos ranging from dream houses to Coach handbags to shiny new Corvettes" Too many shiny objects explains Schwarz. Lots of sparkle and no action. Even people who have heard of the Law of Attraction often believe all you have to do is to see it and believe it and UPS will deliver it.
Don't just hang in there with your vision...live it says Joyce Schwarz. In making their vision board most people make it too busy and too shallow! Too many people add scores of headlines torn from publications urging them to "Hang In There", "Be Happy", "Don't Give Up" and every other cliche pop-psychology phrase that they can find.
VIP VISION BOARD CREATION METHOD:
V....Instead Schwarz recommends her VIP Method = Start with VISIONING -- an ancient process used by everyone from indigenous nations to the World Bank to envision your future first. Visioning is a combination of soul searching, brainstorming and even improv, says Schwarz. Go to a quiet place -- talk a walk in the woods, or sit in a chapel or even sit in a bubblebath (yes, whatever relaxes you and brings you back to your Center).
Close your eyes and envision how you can make your life the best possible. Worried about your weight -- then envision how you can start eating healthy today. Think positive..see yourself fit and envision yourself running or working out or even just stretching.
Then jot down some notes if you can ..on a tablet or on your mobile ...instead of the old-fashioned resolution to lose 20 pounds by going on the trendiest diet discover words that empower you. And affirmations that are encouraging like I am eating better today.
I....start making your vision board by putting a picture of "I" -- you in the center of your board so you own your vision....now gather images that support your strongest vision which is to be fit and healthy. Remember the benefits are what will drive you forward not just deprivation. Living your vision should be positive and enjoyable
IMAGES: Select 6 to 8 strong defining images that show people living your vision and even going beyond your comfort zone. You may not be able to climb a mountain yet, but you can take a rock climbing course at a nearby gym or hike 200 feet or dive into a field of daisies when Spring comes.
P...power words and affirmations, as noted above -- pick phrases that truly empower you -- I like "ing" words that make me feel like I am moving forward now such as I am eating healthy foods. I am walking 1000 steps more daily.
Remember it is INSPIRED action that will truly be the best way to live your vision. Live your vision immediately -- what kind of steps can you take today -- yes even before you buy your fancy activity tracker or that shiny Fitbit. Maybe its just walking in place. Maybe it's doing some stretches ..
go ahead and start "BEING YOUR VISION NOW"....take some action steps today. Need help? Consider taking the Vision Board Institute upcoming QUICK START Make and Live Your Vision Board home study course. Or contacting me at: email@example.com for a recomendation for a Certified Vision Board Coach in your geographic area.
LOVE VISION BOARDS and Want to Help Others Make Their Dreams Come True -- become a Certified Vision Board Coach in 4 weeks via our home study program which you can read and sign up for here: https://certifiedvbcoach.eventbrite.com
Give yourself the best gift of all -- become a Certified Vision Board Coach in 4 weeks via home study with one on one coaching from Joyce Schwarz, bestselling author of THE VISION BOARD book by Harper Collins which has sold more than 100,000 copies.
Yes, you can make 2019 the best year of your life -- if you prep NOW.
Start anytime you don't have to wait for the class date sign up and start now or call Joyce at 310-822-3119 to sign up directly.
Discover how to help others make their dreams come true too -- while you make up to $500 in 1/2 day as a Certified Vision Board Coach - doing private coaching, vision board workshops and vision board parties & mor
This is a home study course with weekly calls ( 4 weeks) with Joyce Schwarz, bestselling author of THE VISION BOARD BOOK and founder THE VISION BOARD INSTITUTE.
HOW IT WORKS
You attend class one hour a week for four weeks (if you miss a class and advise Joyce 24 hours in advance it can be rescheduled. Classes are set for the same time each week (at an hour that works for Joyce and the Coach in training – we work that out – afternoon, evening and weekend slots are available). You get an video or audio recording for each class you attend to download and keep for yourself MP3 you can play on your phone or computer.
Joyce will guide you through step by step in this 4-week HOME STUDY class. PLUS this special deal includes an hour of private coaching with Joyce Schwarz one to one after you finish the 4 weekly classes to help you jumpstart your personal and professional VISION! You get $349.00 of free bonuses
or call Joyce directly at 310-822-3119 to find out more and register . Start anytime now-- or after the holidays but act now to get the special early bird rate.
WHAT KIND OF HALLOWEEN VISION BOARDS CAN YOU CREATE?
The sky is the limit -- and did you see that full moon out there that will watch over you so yes let's name the top five Vision Boards for Halloween:
4) Halloween Happiness-- let's count the reasons we're happy today --maybe the costume turned out just perfect. Maybe we can take time together to look at some old family photos and remember what wonderful pumpkin pie grandma made or how grandpa always decorated his yard with Halloween cutouts he made in his workshop.
Perfect time to flip through old Halloween photos in albums. Pick out some of them and paste them on a board, add some stickers for Halloween -- ohh don't be a sissy and just add pumpkins and ghosts -- go ahead and add some skeletons too! Punk your board up a bit -- with fake tatoos that you affix with a glue stick. Go ahead mom - put on that skeleton tattoo! Let's collect a few laughs in addition to all that junk food T
It's okay -- go ahead and hug your vision board for National Hug day -- along with your dot, cat, mate, friends and even elevator buddies!
By Joyce Schwarz, bestselling author blogging at http://www.visionboard.info
Inspiration-- not just perspiration is that we all yearn for in starting a new year for our small businesses, soloentrepreneur firms, coaching and startups.
HOW TO BE A INSPIRED LEADER
Looking for new views on inspiration and engagement in the workplace I went to HARVARD BUSINESS REVIEW (HBR) and came across a survey by Michael C. Mankins and Eric Garton from Bain Consulting -- I saw that they had expanded their HBR post in a fascinating book: Time, Talent, Energy: Overcome Organizational Drag and Unleash Your Team's Productivity now available on Kindle.
4 WAYS TO BUILD INSPIRATION AND ENGAGEMENT
Mankins and Garton recommend four ways to build inspiration and engagement:
1. Help employees build greater connection between their daily work and the company’s customer or social mission. Ask whether you are running a company where employees “back in or head in” in the morning.
2. Develop a humane philosophy and implement it. Translate it into an employee value proposition, operating model, working environment, and working that address the entire set of engagement drivers. Determine the right degree of emphasis for each element based on your strategy, business model, and culture.
3. Create a high-autonomy organization without losing benefits of scalability and repeatability. Strike the optimal balance between autonomy and organizational needs. Ask whether you have actively eliminated needless bureaucracy, micromanaging, and overly prescriptive rule books.
4. Invest in inspirational leadership development. That’s how you create leaders who are skilled both at delivering exceptional results and inspiring employees.
WHERE IS THE VISION STATEMENT - DO YOU HAVE ONE!
See this link to an earlier post this blogger did on Linked In about the power of a vision statement
QUOTES FROM FAMOUS ENTREPRENEURS to get you through that 99 percent perspiration period!
INSPIRATION PODCAST SERIES -- How to walk your talk:
I was honored to be selected for the GET INSPIRED podcast interview series and here is that podcast that I put to video to make it easier to access and understand ENJOY
For more information about having bestselling author Joyce Schwarz speak at your company, event or organization email her directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
yes, you can make 2017 the best year of your life -- and then you can help others make their dreams come true too -- while you make up to $500 in 1/2 day as a Certified Vision Board Coach - doing private coaching, vision board workshops and vision board parties & more
This is a live via phone class with Joyce Schwarz, bestselling author of THE VISION BOARD BOOK and founder THE VISION BOARD INSTITUTE.
HOW IT WORKS
You attend class one hour a week for four weeks (if you miss a class and advise Joyce 24 hours in advance it can be rescheduled. Next class July 18, 2016see more about the July 4th deal
PLUS this special deal includes a $149.00 optional 188 page workbook on visioning and vision board techniques used around the globe that have NEVER BEEN REVEALED BEFORE--
in total you get $349.00 in FREE BONUSES
Plus remember The Vision Board Institute is the only place you can get accredited as a Certified Vision Board Coach.
Scroll down to see what just a few of the Certified Vision Board Coach graduates say about how this course and Joyce's coaching changed their lives.
Want to pay via phone or talk to me more about your background -- I'd be delighted to have you email me directly at : email@example.com or call 310-822-3119
So get ready to live your best experience ever -- taking the course will be life-changing for you and for all of those you share the vision with --
Joyce Schwarz, firstname.lastname@example.org
Easter for many people around the world represents a time of renewal and even rebirth.It's a time to celebrate a new season in our life - a new Spring and time to leap forward to the future of our lives!
Easter is more than bunnies and eggs and PEEPS -- it's a time for renewal so why not create an Easter Vision Board see www.visionboard.info for details.
Recently I saw a quote that was quite thought-provoking and I wanted to share it with you hear. It seems to apply no matter what your religious background or spiritual leanings are: Reveerend James Forbes, senior minister emeritus of the Riverside Church, believes that: "Easter is about the triumph of life. Out of struggle, conflict and even moments of destruction, life emerges. "
WHAT GIVES US HOPE?
Perhaps it's valuable to listen to Rev Forbes since he also is the co-chair of Partnership of Faith, an interfaith group of Protestant, Catholic, Jewish and Muslim clergy. On a more serious note in a recent article on NBC.com Rev Forbes explained that Easter, "is a time when all of us look to our traditions --how do we bring spiritual values to our lives. Amidst terror, tyranny and fear, what gives us hope. All of this is about Easter. It makes us us want to keep pressing on."
is about Easter. It makes us us want to keep pressing on."
The air is fragrant with Joy:
We just have to look at the flowers in the parks or even at the local supermarket garden centers and we see that as one of our greatest poets said "Henry Wadsworth Longfellow "the full-blossomed trees fill all the air with fragrance and with joy."
CREATING AN EASTER VISION BOARD:
Using the keywords from the notes above I've selected the following as power words or key words to use to guide us in creating an Easter Vision Board. If the word Easter does not fit with your beliefs you can call it a Spring Vision Board or a Renewal Board.
The keywords I've selected are: RENEWAL, HOPE, JOY, REBIRTH, TRIUMPH & of course GRATITUDE since we know that all of life springs forward from being grateful for what we have and who we are today before we can move forward to create even more good in our lives.
MATERIALS YOU'll NEED FOR THE VISION BOARD:
1) Get some kind of a flat surface to lay the materials on -- such as a poster board (maybe choose a colored one -- yellow or green to truly express hope to all of us. A 14 x 22 size is good and will give the entire family space to contribute to the design.
2) Gather together some marker, crayons or colored pens.
3) Stickers -- are often included with egg coloring kits or may be added into Easter Baskets so gather up some colorful stickers if you ahve some. IF not see if you have any colored gold stars adhesive kind or other decorations like glitter etc. You could use decorations for cookies too ie colored sugar etc just make sure to cover your final vision board carefully with plastic wrap or frame it so little critters don't go tasting your board in the future.
4) Start in the center -- take a picture of the family or pull one from the family album that shows them all dressed up for Easter or another spring event. Or pick one showing the group on a family hike or in a garden. Place the family picture in the center to tribute what you know is most important -- family and friends -- people over stuff!
5) Add the power words -- by eaither writing them large in colors or by making headlines on your computer and pringing them out or look at the Sunday newspaper you may easily find headlines or adds that include he words HOPE, Renewal, Joy etc.
6) Handprints -- a fun way to make a gorgeous design that will be treasured forever is to have the youngest family members use fingerpaints to print their hand prints on the board and 'sign' their names if they can or with some assist from older family members.
7) Can't bear to eat the chocolate bunny -- take a picture of him and add him to the JOY section then you'll remember him/her forever. Use the silvery or colorful paper the bunnies and chicks are wrapped in to embellish your board -- you can cut them into star or flower shapes if you wish.
8) Dried flowers -- do you have big cetnerpiece set for the holidays-- then make sure to dry some of the flowers and add them later in the week. Remember your vision board is a work in progreess.
9) Plan for the future -- how can your family give back. Do you donate an hour or so at a soup kitchen each month. Do you help with boy scouts or girl scouts or at your local church -- then add pix of those experience too
10) Music score -- do you have a favorite song or a poem that inspires all of you -- then add it to the board too. One of ou may want to calligraphy some of the opening words to make it stand out better.
11) Cut out flowers from a magazine and add a great bouquet of flowers to the board or turn it into a virtual garden of delight.
12) Gratitude circle ask everyone to tell what they are grateful for such as being a family, surviving a bad flu this year or for our troops or family members or friends serving their country overseas or in-states this season.
You can add any or all of these with using a glue stick or white glue to your board: *colored grass *ribbons *designs made with a favorite nail polish, thumb prints in a circle of life, favorite quotes, inspirational sayings, or copy a bible verse or a verse from your own psalm book or from the Koran or whatever religious book you cherish and add it to your board.