INSPIRATION --TIPS TO GET INSPIRED BY SUCCESSFUL ENTREPRENEURS COURTESY OF THE VISION BOARD INSTITUTE
By Joyce Schwarz, bestselling author blogging at http://www.visionboard.info
Inspiration-- not just perspiration is that we all yearn for in starting a new year for our small businesses, soloentrepreneur firms, coaching and startups.
HOW TO BE A INSPIRED LEADER
Looking for new views on inspiration and engagement in the workplace I went to HARVARD BUSINESS REVIEW (HBR) and came across a survey by Michael C. Mankins and Eric Garton from Bain Consulting -- I saw that they had expanded their HBR post in a fascinating book: Time, Talent, Energy: Overcome Organizational Drag and Unleash Your Team's Productivity now available on Kindle.
4 WAYS TO BUILD INSPIRATION AND ENGAGEMENT
Mankins and Garton recommend four ways to build inspiration and engagement:
1. Help employees build greater connection between their daily work and the company’s customer or social mission. Ask whether you are running a company where employees “back in or head in” in the morning.
2. Develop a humane philosophy and implement it. Translate it into an employee value proposition, operating model, working environment, and working that address the entire set of engagement drivers. Determine the right degree of emphasis for each element based on your strategy, business model, and culture.
3. Create a high-autonomy organization without losing benefits of scalability and repeatability. Strike the optimal balance between autonomy and organizational needs. Ask whether you have actively eliminated needless bureaucracy, micromanaging, and overly prescriptive rule books.
4. Invest in inspirational leadership development. That’s how you create leaders who are skilled both at delivering exceptional results and inspiring employees.
WHERE IS THE VISION STATEMENT - DO YOU HAVE ONE!
See this link to an earlier post this blogger did on Linked In about the power of a vision statement
QUOTES FROM FAMOUS ENTREPRENEURS to get you through that 99 percent perspiration period!
- “You are not your resume, you are your work. - Seth Godin
- “The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer” - Nolan Bushnell
- “Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn't really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That's because they were able to connect experiences they've had and synthesize new things.” - Steve Jobs
INSPIRATION PODCAST SERIES -- How to walk your talk:
I was honored to be selected for the GET INSPIRED podcast interview series and here is that podcast that I put to video to make it easier to access and understand ENJOY
For more information about having bestselling author Joyce Schwarz speak at your company, event or organization email her directly at: [email protected]